Senior School Counsellor (Grades 8 – 12)
Effective From: July, 2019 or earlier by mutual agreement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Provide social wellness, psychological and learning support and remedial intervention, as required.
* Assist girls with subject choice selection and career advice.
* Be prepared to administer basic aptitude/psychometric testing.
The successful applicant should:
- Be an enthusiastic, caring person with excellent interpersonal skills, and have the ability to relate to and communicate with teenage girls.
- Be in possession of an HPCSA registration certificate and must be up-to-date on CPD points. Evidence must be provided with the application.
- Have the relevant academic and professional qualifications for this position. Preference will be given to a qualified Educational or Counselling psychologist, or someone with a Honours or Masters degree in Psychology.
- Have an effective and passionate approach to school life in general and be prepared to be involved in extra-mural activities when required.
- Preferably have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in counselling at an appropriate level.
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be prepared to commit to upholding the core values and Christian ethos of the school.
- Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register, before being appointed.
A package commensurate with the position and relevant qualifications and experience will be negotiated during the interview process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
A letter of application, addressed to the Principal, together with a concise Curriculum Vitae and names of three contactable referees, may be posted to St John’s D.S.G., Private Bag X4, Scottsville, 3209 or hand delivered to 77 New England Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg. E-mailed applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 18 June, 2019
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.