SENIOR SCHOOL ACADEMIC SUPPORT CO-ORDINATOR
Effective From: Effective from Term 3 2023 or by arrangement
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Society of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 570 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s D.S.G. has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
The successful applicant should:
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification in remedial and inclusive education and the appropriate educational experience OR a Speech and Language Therapist with a remedial background.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in an inclusive education environment.
- Sound understanding of strategies and latest research to assist learners with barriers to learning and to support teachers of mixed ability classes.
- An understanding of and passion for girls who learn differently and to devise programmes for them.
- A sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education.
- The ability to manage learner profiles for girls experiencing difficulties to learning.
- Experience in administering and interpreting standardised assessments and educational assessments.
- The ability to work within a team and develop the Academic Support programme at St John’s D.S.G.
- Support teachers in implementing accommodations in the classroom.
- Have good communication skills and ability to liaise and communicate with parents, administrative and academic staff.
- Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register before assuming the position.
- Be registered with SACE or HPCSA.
- Be prepared to commit to upholding the core values and Christian ethos of the school.
The successful applicant would hold a full-time position fully employed by the school, but would be responsible for smaller groups or one-on-one teaching, while working closely with the class teachers.
How To Apply:
An application form must be completed to be considered for the position. It may be downloaded from our website: https://www.stjohnsdsg.com/our-school/vacancies/
Once completed, the application form, a covering letter addressed to the Principal, and the other requested documents must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: only emailed applications will be accepted.
St John’s reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the application form and requested evidence will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.
St John’s D.S.G., in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Closing Date: 10h00 on Friday, 9 June 2023.
St John’s D.S.G., in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.APPLICATION FORM (PDF)