PERIPATETIC PIANO TEACHER
Effective From: 18 April 2023 or by mutual agreement
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Society of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 570 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s D.S.G. has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
The successful applicant will be an effective teacher and proficient musician who has a proven and successful track record in this field, who will uphold the ethos and professional standards of excellence at the school.
The successful applicant should:
- Have a minimum of a BMus (or equivalent university qualification) and/or teaching licentiate in piano and have experience in teaching individual music lessons.
- Have a teaching style that is congruent with the ethos of the school and best teaching practise.
- Be able to manage their schedule independently and be responsible for collecting their own fees.
- Have an interest in teaching young beginners and/or group keyboard classes.
- Have good communication skills and the ability to liaise and communicate with parents and music staff.
- Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register.
- Be available to teach individual piano lessons (or other instruments agreed to) allocated by the Music Department.
Further, favourable consideration would be given to a candidate who:
The ability to teach a second instrument (particularly violin or flute) would be advantageous.
How To Apply:
Please submit a covering letter, C.V. and relevant documents to email@example.com
St John’s D.S.G., in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.