Learner Support and Remedial Teacher
Effective From: 16 July, 2018
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Sisters of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 500 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
We invite applications for suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on the position of
Learning Support and Remedial Teacher – Gr RR to 7
The successful applicant should:
- Have a suitable professional qualification in remedial and inclusive education and appropriate educational experience
- Have remedial teaching experience with Primary School Learners is essential
- Possess expert knowledge of, and experience in, an inclusive education environment
- Have a sound understanding of the strategies and latest research to assist learners with barriers to learning, and to support teachers of mixed ability classes
- Have an understanding of, and passion for, girls who learn differently
- Have a sound and progressive understanding of the South African curriculum and international trends in education
- Have the ability to manage learner profiles for girls experiencing difficulties in learning
- Have the ability to work within an established team
- Have a commitment to the Christian ethos and values of the School
- Have a commitment to continuous personal and professional development
- Have a proven record of innovation, commitment and professionalism
- Have proof of SACE registration as well as a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
The salary will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
A letter of application, addressed to the Junior School Headmistress, together with a concise Curriculum Vitae and names of three contactable referees, may be posted to the Junior School Headmistress, St John’s D.S.G., Private Bag X4, Scottsville, 3209, hand-delivered to 77 New England Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg or e-mailed to email@example.com. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Friday, 16 March, 2018
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.