Grade 3 Foundation Phase Teacher
Effective From: January 2019 or April 2019
This position offers an opportunity for a teacher of exceptional calibre to join our Foundation Phase teaching team. Our Christian, caring and nurturing ethos is based on respect for the individual, as we strive for a holistic education.
The successful applicant should:
- Have a professional qualification, with at least 2 years’ teaching experience, and are S.A.C.E. registered
- Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register
- Uphold the ethos and values of the School
- Willingness to participate in the co-curricular programme
- Be innovative, creative and proactive in the approach to teaching and learning
- Have an understanding of teaching and learning in the digital age
- Have a sound knowledge of the Curriculum
- Be willing to supplement, enrich and support our current programme
- Be self-driven with organisational and classroom management skills
- Have a thorough understanding of the developmental and holistic needs of primary aged children
- Experience with Number Sense and Time2Read will be an advantage
- Have the ability to develop and sustain new and progressive teaching ideas and work co-operatively with a team of teachers
- Have strong people skills – work efficiently with management, staff, parents and children
A package commensurate with the position and relevant qualifications and experience will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
A letter of application, addressed to the Junior School Headmistress, together with a concise Curriculum Vitae, a copy of your I.D. card/document and names of three contactable referees, may be posted to St John’s D.S.G., Private Bag X4, Scottsville, 3209, hand-delivered to 77 New England Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 26 November, 2018
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.