FULL-TIME HEAD OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES GRADE 10 – 12
Effective From: Effective from January 2024
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Society of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 580 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s D.S.G. has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
The successful applicant will be a specialist Physical Science teacher who has a proven and successful track record of teaching at Grade 12 level who will uphold the ethos, professionalism and academic excellence at St John’s D.S.G.:
The successful applicant should:
The applicant will be required to:
• Have the appropriate professional qualification and experience in teaching the subject, preferably with IEB Matric experience and conversant in IEB, SAGS and CAPS.
• Preferably have a minimum of 5 years’ experience teaching Physical Science from Grades 10 – 12.
• Work effectively as part of a department and be fully involved in extra-mural activities in the school.
• Teach creatively, embracing cognitive education and a willingness to use technology in their teaching methodology.
• Be SACE registered.
• Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register before assuming the position.
• Be prepared to commit to upholding the core values and Christian ethos of the school.
How To Apply:
Please complete the application form https://www.stjohnsdsg.com/our-school/vacancies/, provide the necessary documentation and email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 13:00 on Thursday, 15 June 2023. (No late applications will be considered)
St John’s D.S.G., in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.APPLICATION FORM (PDF)