Full-Time Afrikaans Teacher (FAL)
Effective From: January 2020
The successful applicant will be a specialist Afrikaans teacher who has a proven and successful track record of teaching Afrikaans at Grade 12 level and who will uphold the ethos, professionalism and academic excellence at St John’s D.S.G.
The successful applicant should:
- Have the appropriate professional qualification and experience in teaching the subject, preferably with IEB Matric experience and conversant in IEB, SAGS and CAPS.
- Have teaching experience from Grades 8 – 12.
- Work effectively as part of a department and be fully involved in extra-mural activities in the school.
- Teach in a creative manner, embracing cognitive education and a willingness to use technology in their teaching methodology.
- Be SACE registered.
- Have evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register before assuming the position.
- Be prepared to commit to upholding the core values and Christian ethos of the school.
The salary will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
A letter of application, addressed to the Principal, together with a concise Curriculum Vitae, SACE certificate, evidence of clearance with the Child Protection Act, Sexual Offences register and names of three contactable referees, may be posted to St John’s D.S.G., Private Bag X4, Scottsville, 3209, hand-delivered to 77 New England Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg or e-mailed to email@example.com.
Closing Date: Monday, 1 July, 2019
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.