Design & Communications Co-ordinator
Effective From: January, 2021, or by mutual agreement
St John’s D.S.G., established in 1897 by the Society of St John the Divine, is situated in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. It is a leading Anglican, independent, day and boarding school for 540 girls (Grades RR – 12), and is a member of the Independent Schools’ Association of Southern Africa. St John’s D.S.G. has a strong community ethos that gives it a distinct character.
We invite applications for this new position of: DESIGN AND COMMUNICATIONS CO-ORDINATOR (Full-Time)
The successful applicant should:
- Have a relevant diploma qualification or at least 5 years’ experience;
- Be proficient in design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Have excellent writing and communications skills;
- Manage relevant media and social media;
- Have ability and experience in photography;
- Assist with collating and co-ordinating the publishing of the School Magazine;
- Support the vision of the Marketing Department and work well within a team;
- Be prepared to uphold the Christian ethos and values of the school;
- Be a person of integrity and energy, with strong interpersonal skills;
- Be willing to travel on occasion, if necessary, and work out of office hours. Own transport is essential.
Knowledge of video editing software, such as iMovie, and proven graphic designing experience would be an advantage.
The salary will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically.
How To Apply:
Complete the application form (above) and submit it, together with a covering letter addressed to the Principal, to email@example.com. Owing to COVID-19 health and safety protocols, please do not hand-deliver hard copies to the school.
Closing Date: 13h00 on Friday, 2 October, 2020
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.