BOARDING ESTABLISHMENT HOUSE MOTHER / HEAD OF BOARDING
Effective From: Mid-July or by mutual agreement
Applications are invited for this live-in position in our Boarding Establishment, which houses 155 girls from Grade 4 – 12.
The applicant must be suitably experienced, mature (between 40 – 65 years of age) and a single lady (with no encumbrances, including pets and who is a non-smoker).
Previous teaching or nursing experience would be an advantage.
The successful applicant should:
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Be an active person of integrity and enthusiasm, with strong leadership, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Be able to function independently and as part of a team of care-givers.
- Have initiative, be flexible and be prepared to take responsibility for discipline, organization and travel arrangements.
- Possess a balance of patience, empathy and firmness when dealing with girls.
- Have strong administrative and organizational skills and be fully computer literate.
- Be able to liaise and communicate with parents, administrative and academic staff.
- Be committed to the Christian ethos of the School and able to provide a caring environment for boarders.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and own vehicle. A valid PDP would be advantageous.
- Be prepared to work over weekends, and before term starts and after term ends.
- Apply for clearance with the Child Protection Act and Sexual Offences Register.
The salary will be negotiated during the selection process. No indication of the salary can be given telephonically. The package includes free accommodation, including electricity and water, in a single flatlet in the Boarding Establishment. Meals are provided during term time only.
How To Apply:
The application form can be downloaded from our website: www.stjohnsdsg.com.
Once completed, this must be returned to: The Principal, St John’s D.S.G., Private Bag X4, Scottsville, 3209, hand-delivered to 77 New England Road, Scottsville, Pietermaritzburg, or e-mailed to email@example.com
Closing Date: 27 May, 2019
St John’s D.S.G. reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or an appointment. Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the advertised post or who do not submit the requested evidence, will automatically be disqualified from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted 2 weeks after the closing date should take it that their applications have not been successful.