If you’ve been missing these muffins (which make the Top 5 of the St John’s D.S.G. Kitchen’s “Most Requested” list), then you’re in for a treat: Mrs Parsons has shared her recipe with us!
Here is what you will need:
- 230g gluten free flour
- 150g brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 red apples
- 3 bananas
- 55ml coconut milk
- 45ml coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tray with cases.
- Core and peel 1 apple and cut into small cubes. Leave to one side.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas until smooth, then add milk and oil and stir together.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, then add the apple cubes and give everything a really good mix.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Before baking, cut the remaining apple in half, core it then cut each half into thin slices. Top each muffin with a slice and a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until the muffins are golden and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.