For those missing the delicious food that is made with love by our awesome St John’s D.S.G. Catering team, here is the recipe for Miss Ngcobo’s Roast Lemon and Baked Feta Greek-Style Salad:
- 1 Punnet Cocktail tomatoes, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (2T olive oil for the dressing, balance for the baking of the feta)
- 3 rounds black pepper feta
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 t dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 g micro basil
- 200 g green olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the feta on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Top with the lemon and marjoram and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden
Place the tomatoes into a colander, generously sprinkle with sea salt and place over a bowl to catch the liquid.
Mix the liquid from the tomatoes with the red wine vinegar and 2 T olive oil, then set aside.
Serve the hot feta & lemon with the tomatoes, red onion, micro basil, olives, cucumber and roast lemon. Season to taste.