St John’s D.S.G. is an Anglican Diocesan School for girls founded by Anglican nuns in 1897. These nuns had a vision to educate girls and teach them to put God first. Although nuns are no longer involved with the girls, Christian worship, values and principles are the foundation of the school life.
Confirmation preparation, Divinity, Bible studies and the Student Christian Association enhance the Spiritual life of the school. Sunday evening Chapel services are open to all girls, their parents and visitors.
The school chaplain is Rev. Diane Pickford and is available to the girls for pastoral guidance, counselling and support.