We are extremely proud of the results that our Class of 2019 have achieved! Each year our Matric girls do themselves proud, and this year is no exception.
Our Class of 2019 have achieved a 100% pass rate with 144 distinctions between them (this is 30.5% of the total symbols.) 65.7% of all symbols were 70% or higher, meaning that there were 2.1 distinctions and 4.6 Level 6 or 7 passes per candidate, on average.
Fourteen girls achieved 4 or more distinctions:
- Sarah Burnett 7 distinctions
- Victoria Wood 7 distinctions
- Ruth O’Sullivan 6 distinctions
- Hannah Saunders 6 distinctions
- Kelsey Dellar 5 distinctions
- Tamsin Haines 5 distinctions
- Shaen MacDevette 5 distinctions
- Asheera Aheer 4 distinctions
- Jessica Coetzee 4 distinctions
- Hannah Jacobs 4 distinctions
- Bridgett Lotter 4 distinctions
- Tsungai Mbuyazi 4 distinctions
- Sinead Morrow 4 distinctions
- Amy Smith 4 distinctions
Our Top Achiever for 2019 was Sarah Burnett who achieved 7 distinctions, plus 79% in Advanced Programme Mathematics and an aggregate of 89.83%. She achieved in the top 5% of candidates in 6 subjects and earned a place on the IEB’s Outstanding Achievement list with 73 other top performers from around the country. In addition to this, Sarah achieved in the Top 1% of candidates in Mathematics. This was one of 12 instances where our girls achieved in the Top 1% in their subject in the country.
Congratulations to our 2019 Matrics on these fantastic results and a huge thank you to our teachers – including our Junior School staff! – who have dedicated so much time, effort, love and hard work into inspiring and equipping each girl to reach her full potential.
We wish our Class of 2019 all the best as they embark on a new chapter of their lives in 2020 💛